Read the entire instruction manual before using the Recovery Edge Therapy System.
Proper application and connection to the pump is essential.
Garments should be removed if the patient experiences tingling, numbness or pain.
- The unit should NOT be used in the following conditions
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular diseases
- Known or suspected acute deep vein thrombosis
- Severe congestive cardiac failure
- Any local condition in which garments would interfere, for example:
- Untreated, infected leg wounds
- Recent skin graft
Do not use this product if you are experiencing inflammation, an infection, pain of unknown origin, or bleeding (internal or external) at or near the site of application or if you have a wound at or near the site of application.
Do not use this product if you are under the care of a physician or have a contraindication requiring the use of any medical device.
Do not use this product on sensitive skin or in the presence of poor circulation.
Do not use this product if you have any of the following conditions:
- acute congestive cardiac failure;
- acute infections;
- acute pulmonary edema;
- acute thrombophlebitis;
- bone fractures or dislocations at, or in the vicinity of, application
- deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or blood clots;
- episodes of pulmonary embolism;
- wounds, lesions or tumors at, or in the vicinity of, application; where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). This product complies with the requirements of applicable EMC Standards. The use of accessories not specified by the manufacturer may result in increased emissions by, or decreased immunity of, the equipment, affecting its performance.
Electrical equipment may be hazardous if misused. The pump’s rear case should only be removed by authorized technical personnel.
Do not use the pump in the presence of flammable gases such as anesthetic agents.
Make sure that the main power cable is positioned to avoid causing a trip or other hazard, and is clear of moving bed mechanisms or other possible entrapment areas.